Sunday, December 20, 2009

Trash & Luxury


Whenever I am asked the question, "If you could look like any celebrity, who would it be?" I always ponder and try to think of someone with a particularly stunning, yet unique feature, but somehow I always result with the same answer, and that is Kate Hudson. As one of my favorite female actresses who seems to have it all in terms of inner and outer beauty, I didn't think twice to fork over the $5 to buy January's Harper's Bazzar with her smiling face on the cover - and thank goodness I did because the fashion shoot for her feature is INCREDIBLE. There is something about mixing high fashion with everyday, generic activities and chores (such as doing laundry at the local laundry matt in Lanvin, or chowing down on a NY hotdog with sauerkraut in Burberry Prorsum) that is so intriguing. Turns out, this bizarre equation that may not seem to add up is just the answer to taking amazing photographs.

It is also wonderful to finally start seeing pieces from the runways of Christian Dior, Prada and many other designers in another setting other than being strutted down the runway. I am surprised to see the Prada ensemble worn while pumping gas at a grungy gas station in the image below. The Prada SS10 collection carried on a sci-fi, futuristic trend we have been seeing this fall. The "get-up" Kate is wearing below embraces an under-the-sea, space-y type feel, and I'm not quite sure it fits with the setting as well as the others do - not so much of a fan of that one.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the shoot. Overall, this is probably my favorite shoot I have ever seen in an editorial. Literally, obsessed.com - xo


Lanvin
(My new favorite brand, and favorite photo of the bunch)


Dior


Burberry Prorsum


Prada, with Swarovski-crystal Belt


Marchesa

All pictures from January 2010 Harper's Bazaar.
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh

No comments:

Post a Comment