Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ode to the Queen


The anticipation for the Autumn/Winter ‘10 shows has only been building over the last few months, but unfortunately tragic feelings of loss and shock hit the fashion industry on the first day of New York Fashion Week. I think I can say without argument that Alexander McQueen was one of the most innovative and impeccable designers in the history of fashion, which makes the news of his recent death all the more heartbreaking. McQueen was known for his signature shapes that pushed the creative barrier to new heights. In my opinion, I’d say he was one of a handful who could actually create an experience that literally made you think, “What the f*** is that?”, but you could still appreciate his craft and see the beauty of each silhouette that came down the runway.


I’ll be honest, I have had a really hard time writing this post (hence the delay on actually getting something on my page), so I am just going to leave you with a few of my favorites from the designer. RIP McQueen.
















A snipet from his S/S10 Plato's Atlantis presentation in Paris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUvFTc2mlNY

1 comment:

  1. jess give me more of the writing...i had no idea what a beautiful writer you are; LOVE YOUR BLOG. and absolutely love the androgynous-geisha look...keep it up sexy, and please keep wanna-be-fashionistas (like me :) in the loop. YOU ROCK laday!!

    ReplyDelete