Sunday, August 16, 2009

Capturing the Image to a "Tee"



Latest Fashion Obsession - Nasty Gal Vintage

I think what I love most about my London adventures is the shopping - it's seriously the best.  What makes it the best though?  What makes it different from shopping in the states?  For me, my biggest problem with shopping in the states is that everything always seems the same, within the retail means that is.  Here in the states, apparel isn't as interesting or as reinventing as it could be, unlike the fashions you can find up and down Oxford Street in London.  To name one specifically, Top Shop is exactly what I am talking about - it's amazeee.  I've recently been feeling as if finding pieces similar to those found at Top Shop is close to impossible, until I stumbled upon Nasty Gal Vintage online, via twitter.  Shopnastygal.com sells vintage and new apparel pieces for the "discerning fashionista".  I couldn't agree more with this slogan.  Clothing sold on their site is exactly what the fashion diva is looking for - pieces that are distinct and that can distinguish her image & her personality from her peers.  

Nasty Gal has definitely captured a look I'm loving to a "tee" - loose vintage t-shirts dressed up with gaudy jewelry, while keeping it casual by pairing with denim shorts.  Could also be dressed up with a high-waisted mini-skirt.  Loving these looks:


Trend Obsession - Black Boots

I should also note that I am loving the "boot" trend for fall.  Now you might be thinking, "there is always a boot trend in the fall/winter collections."  I would definitely agree, but I think the boot look has shifted to a biker chic image.  These boots look great paired with shorts, as featured above, or they could be worn with tights.  I am definitely digging these boot (below) from genius Sam Edelman.  These would look great with leggings, tights or bare-legged.  They are a little more dressed up as they have a heel, but still very casual with their bulky structure.  I'd recommend pairing with a feminine top (similar to the second image above) to balance the "hardness" of the shoe.
Another Favorite of the moment: The "Hero" Boot from Topshop:



2 comments:

  1. the sam edelman balenciaga-inspired boots.... such a joke how much those are running for. they did a re-release again, &i think they sold out within a few hourssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know... 400 for Sam Edelman? They are pretty spectacular though. I drool every time I look at them. You can buy them on Nasty Gal, but they are on back order.

    ReplyDelete