Friday, August 21, 2009

Digging Through Your "Boyfriend's" Closet


Trend Obsession - The Boyfriend Blazer

Of all the pieces in my wardrobe, the boyfriend blazer is definitely one of my key staple pieces for fall.  For so many years, I have always gone to my trusty - and typically black - cardigan to throw over tanks, tees and blouses.  Well, for this season at least, I'm kissing that cardigan goodbye and trading it in for the blazer.  
 
Somewhere over the past four months, I have managed to quickly expand my blazer collection. From my tweed Urban Outfitters find to the basic black, I have found that blazers pretty much go with anything and everything.  When I returned from London in June, my electric blue, linen blazer from TopShop turned out to be the jacket to have by my side, night and day.  The loose fit and bright color keeps it casual, but since it still has the blazer cut, it can easily be dressed up with slacks or with a black, cotton sundress and heels.  

Here are some of my favorite blazers of the moment.  Loving how the long blazer was styled at the Stella McCartney Fall 2009 RTW show.  Below, the jacket is paired with faux-leather thigh high boots - one of fall's hottest trends.  If you aren't so daring, try pairing with either patterned tights or liquid black leggings to get the look.  The Silence & Noise Ankle Zip Python Legging from Urban Outfitters would give the look a little more edge - great for a night on the town.

Stella McCartney - www.style.com

Silence & Noise Ankle Zip Python Legging - www.urbanoutfitters.com

Silence & Noise Double Breasted Blazer - www.urbanoutfitters.com


*Saving the Best for Last*
BB Dakota O'Sullivan Tweed Blazer - www.shopnastygal.com
Keep it Simple - Would be adorable if paired with jeans and a white or black ribbed tank, wearing the blazer unbuttoned.  Wear gold chain bracelets or necklace and a little bling (perhaps diamond stud earrings) to give it a little more style.

No comments:

Post a Comment