Friday, February 11, 2011

BANANAS!

On day three of New York Fashion Week, the creative wheels are definitely turning, and on a roll.  The week premiered with smaller presentations from St. John, Z Spoke for Zac Posen and new designer, Rachel Zoe.

Oh, Rachel Zoe, where do I even begin to express my obsession with your talent and style.  My sister and I were discussing "celebrities" the other day after sitting a foot away from Joe Zee (I almost pee'd a little - I was that excited), and of course Ms. Zoe came up in conversation.  Our discussion ended with this:  If I could meet any fashion idol, past or present, it would be RZ.  There is just something about her taste level and passion for the industry that is so addicting.  She is just on a whole other level than anyone else.  Anyways though, on to the point of this post...

When I reviewed her FW11 collection on style.com, it didn't come as much of a surprise to see a 70's inspired collection.  I mean, 1) the 70's is the biggest influence in our wardrobes right now and 2) if you have watched any of The Rachel Zoe Project, you know that Rachel is head over heels obsessed with anything vintage and inspired by the decade.  


The collection seems to be pretty well rounded, with bell bottomed, wide legged denim to suiting options to evening wear, all of which included: a gorgeous sequin, batwing top; a long, a bit oversized petal tiered white gown, and multiple fur pieces.  Despite the well roundness and a good sense of wearability to the collection, to be honest I was a little disappointed because it is exactly what I would have expected from her.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of these pieces, but I'd like to see something a little more unexpected from the stylist/designer.  Hopefully her 2012 collections will step outside the box a little, because there's nothing I'd like more than to see Rachel Zoe succeed as a ready-to-wear designer.


I love the off the shoulder aspect to this maxi.  This is a style that you definitely need to keep your eye out for.  Not only is it a bit different than your spaghetti strap or haltered dress, it also has the same sexiness as a strapless, but in a fall appropriate shape.


I don't care if people say head to toe camel is out, I still love this!  An instant classic.


A fur vest, not a surprise.


I NEED THIS!!!


There's nothing better than a good sequin.  True in the Seventies, true in 2010, true now.


Can you say power suit?


This isn't a very new shape, but I still think it's a pretty silhouette and I love the idea of white for fall.





 * All images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment