Friday, February 4, 2011

Big Brims and Floor Gliding Frocks



To carry on with the 70's inspiration I mentioned in my previous post, this post is dedicated to my two favorite items of the moment: Maxi Dresses paired with Large Brimmed Fedoras(or, for a simpler term, hats!).

The maxi dress is one of your smartest (and best!) spring buys because essentially, it is a lifesaver for your wardrobe. I don't think there is any other piece that can give you an effortless chic in the same way that a long dress can. All you need is some good wrist candy, a rustic statement ring and some good wedges and you're out the door... and, if you're more daring, a big brimmed hat is just the ticket to pull together the 70's look. Here are some of my favorite long frocks of the moment, and some accessories that will go with all that follows. Enjoy!





Then pick your hat...












Then pick your wedges...







And finally, add a rustic piece of jewelry or two. Look at my post below (can be found here) for inspiration :)


*Runway shots from Marc Jacobs SS11 Collection, via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment