Friday, February 11, 2011

FallWinter2011 Favorties, Part 1

With the FW11 shows officially underway, I'm going to post my favorites every couple days for your viewing convenience.  I usually don't like to post too much until each city is finished (because yesterday's favorites are frequently replaced with something more interesting), but to keep up with the pace, I'll post a little more frequently.

First up, Vena Cava...

Vena Cava's FW11 collection continued to embrace a high waisted, wide leg pant that is gaining momentum this season.  In addition, the brand featured frequent splashes of color and color blocking which I love for fall.  Here are a few other favorites:


I love the nineties vibe to this one!  Plus, a crop top with super high waisted pants is much more flattering than a low rise pair.  



Here's that off the shoulder look again, as mentioned in my Rachel Zoe post (can be found here)


Christian Siriano

I debated posting on this designer.  As the majority of you know, Christian Siriano is a Project Runway winner.  Of all of the winners (and for that matter, contestants), I think he is the most creative designer to ever walk the Project Runway ramp, which is why I like him.  On the contrary, the season four winner seems to have problems with gaining respect amongst fashion week designers, so it seems.  When reviewing his collections season to season, they all look the same and don't have much of an unexpected wow factor, which I think is the problem.  Despite this, I still think he is extremely talented when it comes to making gowns and avant garde pieces, as you can see here from his recent collection:




And finally, he did do a good tulip skirt that had a good presence.  It reminds me of a more dramatic, evening version of the Fendi skirt done for this spring, also posted below.  I think this is a good shape to invest in for future seasons; it's a good alternative to the pencil skirt.


(Christian Siriano FW11)


A smaller, springier version from the SS11 Fendi collection.

Finally, here are two looks from Luca Luca that are carrying on an intriguing color combination, and a more neutral color palette from Richard Chai Love.  To keep this post from getting any longer than it already is, I'm just going to say I love everything about all three looks.




No comments:

Post a Comment